CHISD COVID-19 Information
Student or Faculty Positive Test:
Call school nurse; a 5 day off campus return date will be set by your school nurse; return to campus if symptoms are better and 24 hours without fever.
DSHS Communicable Disease footnotes:
1. Day 0 is the first day of symptoms.
2. Day 1 is the first full day after symptoms develop.
3. Isolation can end after 5 full days, if 24 hours without fever and symptoms improving.
1. Day 0 is the day of the positive viral test.
2. Day 1 is the first full day after the test was performed.
3. Isolation can end after 5 full days.
The American Rescue Plan Act was signed into law, dedicating funds for K-12 schools through Elementary and Secondary School Education Relief (ESSER) III funds. CHISD has applied for the one-time, ARP (American Rescue Plan) ESSER III funding. The purpose of this funding is to help safely reopen and sustain the safe operation of schools and address the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on students. The details of CHISD’s plan for these funds can be viewed below.
CHISD ISD 2020-2023 ESSER III Uses of Funds Plan
Other helpful links are listed below:
To learn more about COVID-19 please visit the Department of State Health Services COVID 19 webpage.