Central Heights Athletics – The Mission “ENHANCE”
Provide top level Education Athletics in order to enhance the value of the “Excellence in Education” experience at CHISD which is measured by the quality of coach leadership, facilities, community involvement and first-class sportsmanship.
Five Core Values ~ CHISD Athletics has experienced consistent success by stressing the following core values across all programs:
• Accountability - We are all accountable. All our action or lack of action affect not only ourselves, but those around us. CHISD athletes will learn that taking accountability for one's choices makes them a better athlete, friend, teammate and employee - in short, it makes them a better person. A person that is reliable and trustworthy.
• Integrity - CHISD Athletics will strive to instill a desire to be men and women of integrity in its athletes. We will do the right thing - even when no one is looking. This involves preparing and competing with great effort and great attitude.
• Hard Work - Those who work the hardest surrender last. Even when CHISD athletes may not have the talents of those we compete against, our opponents will always know when they have gone up against a Central Heights Blue Devil. Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn’t work hard. We will pride ourselves on being the hardest working athletes in the state!
• Commitment - Where there is a lack of commitment, there is a sense of entitlement. We are Blue Devils and we bleed blue in the CHISD community. In the athletic program, we desire athletes who feel the same - those that are willing to give their time and energy to make themselves and the programs, they are in … better!
• Teamwork - We are family here and family helps each other succeed. With players, coaches and community working together to make every program great, there are no limits to the levels of success we can achieve.
CH Coaching Staff 2022-23
STANDING LEFT TO RIGHT:
Mindy Moody: MS Volleyball, MS Girls Basketball, HS Assistant Softball
John VanDover: HS Assistant Volleyball, HS Assistant Boys Basketball, Assistant Tennis
Wayne Grissom: HS Assistant Girls Basketball, MS Baseball, HS Assistant Baseball
Kevin Herron: Athletic Director, Head Boys Basketball
Travis Jackson: Head Boys Baseball, MS Baseball, MS Boys Basketball
Kerry Gleason: Head Track & Field, Assistant Cross Country, MS Boys Basketball
Danielle Templeton: Head Girls Basketball, MS Softball, Assistant Track & Field
SITTING LEFT TO RIGHT:
Jon McClain: Head Tennis, MS Tennis
Collin Rutherford: HS Assistant Volleyball, MS Girls Basketball, Assistant Track & Field
Taylor McBride: Strength & Conditioning, Assistant Track & Field
Shelly Binford: Head Cross Country
Mark Perkins: Head Golf, Head Swimming, HS Assistant Boys Basketball
Logan Smoak: Head Volleyball, Assistant Track & Field
Paige Hailey: Head Softball, MS Volleyball, MS Softball