Skip to main content

Child Nutrition

Child Nutrition Department

Square Meals Info

During the COVID-19 pandemic, Congress authorized spending that allowed schools to serve free meals for all students. Those funds are not authorized to continue for the 2022-2023 school year. As a result, Central Heights ISD must return to charging for school meals and offering free and reduced-price meals based on student eligibility. Families are encouraged to complete the Application for Free and Reduced-Price School Meals, available at . If you need a hard copy to complete and turn back in to the school, they are available at any of the campus offices.

Durante la pandemia de COVID-19, el Congreso autorizó fondos especiales a las escuelas para servir comidas gratuitas a todos los estudiantes. Estos fondos no estarán disponibles para el año escolar de 2022 al 2023. Como resultado, CHISD deberá volver a cobrar por las comidas escolares y ofrecer comidas gratuitas y a precio reducido en base a la elegibilidad del estudiante. Se invita a cada familia a completar la Solicitud Para Recibir Comidas Escolares Gratuitas y a Precio Reducido, disponible en Si desea completar una copia en papel y devolverla a la escuela, están disponibles en cualquiera de las oficinas del campus o en el sitio web de la escuela.

School Meal Application Info English


School Meal Application Info Spanish


Non-discrimination Statement

The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.) If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632- 9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.