We have created a designated page for all COVID-19 Updates.
Click here to go to the CHISD COVID-19 Update page.
CHISD Transfer Application Procedure:
CHISD Transfer Applications can be accessed by clicking on the link below. Please print the packet at home and then return by mail to the address provided in the packet. CHISD will accept applications for transfer between April 6th and May 29th, 2020.
Central Heights ISD Infection Control Plan
Below is the infection control plan we teach students and staff at CHISD. These same measures are encouraged at home for parents to practice with students; to help prevent the spread of everyday illnesses like the common cold, the flu, and all other infectious diseases.
• Wash your hands often with soap; scrubbing for at least 20 seconds, then rinsing with water (ABC song and/or happy birthday song x2). If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick; distance at least 3 feet.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces- personal room housekeeping, bus driver housekeeping. Our CHISD custodial/ housekeeping staff is current on CDC Heightened Surveillance housekeeping 3/2/20, DG, RN.
• Get your flu vaccine now if you have not already done so; a direct statement from our Centers for Disease Control; as a key preventative measure against contracting the flu virus. We are still in our influenza season. Educate yourself on the flu and the increased risks associated with contracting the flu.
• Stay away from shopping malls, movie theaters and other large gathering places if you are sick.
Based on the current information, health officials are recommending local communities and schools should take the same steps to protect against Coronavirus as we take to prevent the spread of everyday illnesses like the common cold or the flu. These health officials believe the risk to our school community is low at this time. TEA Update Feb 6,2020 Commissioner report per Sherri Wright ESC Region7/ DG,RN
Information on the Coronavirus Disease 2019:
CDC Interim Guidance for Administrators of US Childcare Programs and K-12 Schools to Plan, Prepare, and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Welcome to Central Heights ISD
It is my privilege to welcome you to the Central Heights Independent School District. Our vision is to provide a safe learning environment for all of our students and develop well- educated leaders of character who are prepared for the global leadership challenges of the future. Our focus continues to be on increasing educational opportunities for our students and providing staff with professional development opportunities based on the very best instructional practices.
School districts in Texas are tasked with so many duties, but we also want to place strong emphasis on the following three R’s.
Resourcefulness, Respect and Responsibility.
If you are a student, parent or community member, we thank you for supporting our school and hope to see you around at our many events. If there is anything we can do to make your visit a better experience, please let us know.
Superintendent, Central Heights ISD
Now called ASCENDER
Please click here for details
|Cafeteria Menu||Lunch Payments||
CHISD Report Cards for 2019
Central Heights lSD will award belated high school diplomas to war veterans who have served in the armed forces
without finishing high school.
CENTRAL HEIGHTS ISD
STUDENT TRANSFER INFORMATION
Elementary 7:30 am - 3:00 pm
Middle School 7:30 am - 3:05 pm
High School 7:30 am - 3:10 pm
Tutorials start at 7:30 am. Students will report to 1st period at 8:00 am
The mission of the Central Heights Independent School District, in partnership with home and community, is to provide a safe learning environment that promotes educational excellence for all students challenging them to become:
· Lifelong Learners
· Independent Thinkers
· Respectful Individuals
· Responsible Citizens
2019-20 CHISD Meal Prices
Adult $3.75 $2.25
JH/HS $3.25 $1.50
Elem $3.00 $1.50
Please contact Tanya Bryant @ email@example.com for more information.
Please click the above link to view the update.
ARE YOU A VICTIM OF ANY TYPE OF BULLYING OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO IS?
|ELEMENTARY||MIDDLE SCHOOL||HIGH SCHOOL|
In accordance with SB179 aka David’s Law
Central Heights I.S.D. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex or disability in providing education or providing access to benefits of education services, activities, and programs in accordance with the amended Title II of the American Disabilities Act, Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended; Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Individuals having questions regarding Central Heights I.S.D. practices may address them to David Russell, Superintendent.